Job Title:Purchasing Assistant
County Name:York County
- Position Summary
The Purchasing Assistant is responsible for processing invoices for all County Departments on a daily basis and to provide assistance in locating various items at the lowest possible cost. Assist with packing stock for deliveries to various departments.
He/she is responsible for analyzing/procuring office supplies charged to the County Procurement card.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review all incoming invoices for errors and amend as needed
- Record, scan, and process invoices
- Responsible for packing and unpacking of stock orders approximate 3 times per week.
- He/She will assist in processing purchase orders in the absence of the Assistant Purchasing Director.
- Must be able to research problems and assist all departments with the return of supplies to vendors.
- Will be called upon to assist the Director with projects throughout the year.
- Must have good communications skills and the ability to deal with vendors, department heads, elected officials, and other individuals to achieve common goals.
- Other reasonable duties assigned by supervisor.
- Fully cross trained in Assistant Purchasing Director position in case of illness or vacation.
- Ability to enter orders confidently on website’s with limited errors.
- Process and prepare excel worksheet daily of all invoices before forwarding to Controllers Office.
- Assist to maintain stock software and confirm all handheld mobile computers are functioning correctly periodically.
- Assist in physical stock count 1 time per month to reconcile with stock software.
- Reconcile and audit credit card statement monthly
- Retrieve and process interoffice and post office mail daily.
- Essential Requirements
- Must have a high school diploma
- Business School Training would be preferred
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Working Knowledge in using PC’s including Microsoft Office (word, excel and outlook), internet and various software packages.
- Accurate, organized, self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Ability and willingness to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, callers, visitors and personnel from other departments and the public.
- Must have minimal errors when completing all duties
Posting Date:Thursday, January 27, 2022
Expiration Date:Monday, February 28, 2022
Contact Name:York County
Contact Link:York County