COMCARE members have the opportunity to purchase the Department of Human Services (DHS) required stop loss reinsurance from COMCARE PRO.
Questions concerning the COMCARE PRO program should be directed to:
- Behavioral Health Alliance of Rural Pennsylvania
- Behavioral Health Services of Bedford and Somerset Counties
- Behavioral Health of Cambria County
- Capital Area Behavioral Health Collaborative
- Carbon - Monroe - Pike MH/DS Program
- Fayette County Behavioral Health Administration
- Lehigh County
- Northampton County
- Northeast Behavioral Health Care Consortium
- Northwest Behavioral Health Partnership
- Southwest Behavioral Health Management, Inc.
COMCARE PRO Member Benefits
DHS requires that the reinsurance cover, at a minimum, eighty percent of inpatient costs incurred by one member during one year in excess of $75,000. COMCARE PRO is offering this coverage with the option of attachment points of either $75,000 or $100,000.
COMCARE PRO is a Reciprocal Risk Retention Group (RRG), licensed by the State of Vermont and approved to write insurance in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania by the Pennsylvania Insurance Department.
Who better to provide you with this coverage than COMCARE, an entity formed for the sole purpose of assisting and serving the counties of Pennsylvania, as they implement managed behavioral healthcare, HealthChoices.
*All applications are subject to an actuarial review and underwriting process.