It is the mission of CCAP insurance programs to assist counties and county related entities to protect their employees, clients, their property, financial assets, and the public who use their facilities.
To accomplish this, CCAP insurance programs staff will strive to provide:
- Quality member services to counties and county-related entities in the area of risk management, insurance, employee benefits, bonding and related areas.
- Professional, fair, timely and accurate claims services to members of CCAP’s insurance programs.
- Professional advice to counties and county-related entities regarding loss control, safety, contractual and operational issues.
- Quality loss control training for management, supervisors and employees of counties and county-related entities.
- Regular, relevant information to members and their insurance producers through the use of various media.
- Any reasonable assistance to counties and county-related entities to make their workplace and operations as safe as possible for the public and county employees.
Main Contact Information
- Phone: 1-800-895-9039
CCAP’s insurance programs were created by counties, for counties. Starting in 1980 with the CCAP UC Trust, counties directed CCAP staff to provide services, coverage and training which the traditional insurance market no longer offered. Tailored to the specific needs and risks of Pennsylvania counties, all of our programs are owned and governed by the members they insure.
CCAP Health Alliance
Tax Collector Bonds
County Related Entities (CRE’s)
While CCAP’s role is focused on providing services to counties, we know that counties use various mechanisms to deliver services. Often this involves creating new entities, sometimes with other counties. Many refer to these as joinders, but this can also include separate non-profit or intergovernmental cooperative entities. We call these CRE’s, and several of our insurance programs can assist CRE’s with their risks.
Specifically, our programs for these types of insurance can provide coverage for CRE’s:
- Workers’ Compensation - PComp
- Unemployment Compensation - CCAP UC Trust
- Property and Liability Insurance - PCoRP
- Health Insurance and Other Employee Benefits - CCAP Health Alliance
Each program has its own underwriting guidelines. For example, to become part of PCoRP a CRE has to show it has governmental immunity.
CRE’s interested in a proposal from one of CCAP’s programs should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.