- Position Summary
The GIS Administrator, under the administrative direction of the Director of Assessment will be primarily responsible for York County GIS as it relates to the Assessment Office.
The GIS Coordinator will assist in providing Tax Assessment Office and geographical data in useful formats to various County departments, as well as the general public; to assist in ensuring the efficacy and efficient operation of the Tax Mapping and GIS system; and to recommend and co-ordinate tax mapping and GIS system maintenance and upgrades.
The position will be able to solve complex geospatial problems and should also be able to develop, monitor, manage, and perform GIS data editing tasks, processes and workflows to ensure the highest quality data for the Assessment Office.
This position should be able to work independently, think critically and apply knowledge and skills to solve problems. This position should also have skills to identify the needs of internal and external customers and provide the appropriate products to meet their needs.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
Possession of a valid Certified Pennsylvania Evaluator's (CPE) license issued by the Commonwealth of PA or ability to pass courses offered by the Assessor's Association of Pennsylvania in real property assessment and appraisal work and pass the final examination for certification is required or obtained within two (2) years from date of hire. Must take all course work required to retain CPE license once obtained.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce, develop, monitor, manage, and perform GIS data editing tasks, processes and workflows
- Uses GIS analysis tools to solve spatial problems resulting in maps, graphs and/or reports
- Work with the Mapping Manager and Assessment Director to troubleshoot GIS issues within the Mapping database
- Assists with maintenance of Municipal GIS layers
- Assists with updates and maintenance of the Searchable Assessment Database and Mapping
- Completes Map uploads to the York County Planning Commission
- Troubleshoots issues with addresses from internal and external customers
- Liaise with 911 regarding address and location information
- Manages training for current and new Mapping staff to perform certain GIS data editing tasks
- Project Manager for all special GIS mapping projects (example: Condo address points, road width verification, neighborhood delineations)
- Lends support as part of the York County GIS Group, with streamlining infrastructure, integrating data, and managing layers.
- Ability to create analytical maps upon request
- Access appropriate graphic files, CAMA files, images and historical information to satisfy daily requests for information in person and on the phone
- Ability to verify deed information and legal descriptions for correctness and accuracy, and handling complications arising from incorrect data.
- Completes GPS fieldwork for new sub-divisions and development plans
- Completes field verification and GPS collection post processing of new Subdivisions and development plans
- Creates Geodatabases
- Knowledge of the County geographical layout as related to the municipalities
- Post and log information on various forms as related to the Assessment office for documentation and testing purposes
- Ability to carry out assignments accurately without supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively with associates
- Performs clerical duties; file documents, typing, answers telephone and relays messages
- Must be able to participate in continuing education as required for CPE licensing
- Must be able to participate in meetings, training and seminars as required
- Excellent organization, verbal, and written communication skills required along with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Must be resourceful and proactive while consistently demonstrating a positive and professional demeanor
- Must exhibit strong teamwork skills, process requests and relay information in a timely manner
- Must comply with York County's Employee Handbook/Employee Policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Essential Requirements
- Bachelor degree in GIS, Geography or related field required.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in GIS related field, or a combination of education, training and experience, which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience working in a GIS database.
- Sound knowledge regarding ESRI Licensed products.
- Sound knowledge regarding Arc GIS Server.
- Ability to read maps and interpret mapping data.
- Ability to interpret deeds as they relate to maps and mapping data.
- Sound knowledge of Assessment, Tax Claim and Mapping functions within the County.
- Must possess a valid Pennsylvania Drivers License.