Executive Director of Human Resources
Job Title:Executive Director of Human Resources
County Name:York County
- Position Summary
Responsible to plan, manage and oversee the functions and operations of the Human Resources Division including recruitment and selection, employer-employee relations, bargaining unit negotiations, classification and pay administration, leave administration, performance evaluation, discipline, equal employment opportunity, workers’ compensation, liability and property insurance, benefits administration and training.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the planning, developing, coordinating, evaluating and managing the operations of the Human Resources Department.
- Develops, evaluates, and directs the management of personnel policies and procedures to enhance employee relations, increase internal communications, and ensure all policies and procedures meet the needs of the County. Provides consultation, interpretation, and advice to County staff, Row Officers and the Courts regarding questions, concerns, or problems related to County policies and procedures.
- Oversees necessary investigations and responds to employee complaints.
- Develops and implements comprehensive recruitment and retention plans that address advertising, networking, recruitment outreach activities, and other techniques for increasing and retaining diverse qualified candidates.
- Leads, manages, and coordinates the County’s labor relations effort, interprets laws and regulations that impact employees from both union and non-union areas.
- Actively participates in all union contract negotiations. Oversees outcome of grievance and arbitration are effectively implemented.
- Directs the design, administration, and implementation of a competitive and cost-effective employee compensation/benefits package.
- Oversees the development and execution of plans to create a Welcoming Workplace for all.
- Gathers, researches and analyzes data for use in statistical calculations and reporting in order to meet federal requirements (EEO-4 and Equal Employment Opportunity Plan), including creating workforce analysis reports and makes recommendations for action.
- Responsible for oversight of risk management programs, to include safety, workers’ compensation and property-liability insurance for county-wide operations.
- Performs and coordinates county-wide training initiatives to ensure the development of a highly skilled workforce and facilitate the communication of County philosophies, policies and procedures.
- Provides leadership and guidance to assigned staff and supporting/related Human Resource personnel.
- Directs the maintenance, retention, and security of employee personnel records.
- Serves as Chair of the County Policy Committee.
- Develops and implements departmental strategic plans that align to the county’s overall strategic initiatives.
- Collaborates with county departments to promote their strategic planning initiatives.
- Develops, strengthens, and partners with various community organizations and leaders to foster collaboration with the county.
- Performs job responsibilities in a cost-effective manner utilizing realistic goals and superior standards of performance.
- Prepares the annual budget for the department.
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
- Requires an extensive knowledge of human resource administration as may be gained through a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field and a minimum of five (5) years related experience. Equivalent combination of formal education, training and experience may be considered.
- Outstanding inter-personal, organizational, and problem resolution skills are required for this highly visible contact and servicing position. Must cultivate the trust and respect of others, keep sensitive information confidential, demonstrate fair and ethical treatment of others and demonstrate a sense of county responsibility.
- Maintains a professional appearance and effectively reads, writes, speaks and understands the English language to effectively work with county agencies, community organizations, and public.
- Must have exceptional leadership and organization skills and be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with department personnel, government and other agencies, institutions and the public.
- Exhibits patience, tact and a professional manner when conducting business and representing the County of York.
- Fosters a workplace environment that embraces the county’s guiding principles.
Posting Date:Friday, February 4, 2022
Expiration Date:Friday, February 18, 2022
Contact Name:York County Website
Contact Link:York County Website