Deputy Clerk Office/Court
Job Title:Deputy Clerk Office/Court
County Name:York County
**PLEASE NOTE, ANYONE INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION MUST VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.YORKCOUNTYPA.GOV TO DO SO**
- Position Summary
The Deputy Clerk is a duly sworn designee of the elected Clerk responsible to keep accurate records for each defendant, swear-in all witnesses, juries, and obtain verdicts from jury trials. Performs other clerical work and tasks for the office as assigned.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer phones, process filings and provide customer service at front filing counter
- Assess costs, accept payments and provide customer service at the Cost & Fines counter
- Identify documents, create batch headers and prepare filings for imaging
- Keep work area neat and clearly organized
- Clock-in, docket, record all motion/petitions filed, submit petitions/motions to judge
- Service copies and all orders to parties as directed. (District Attorney, Defense Attorney, Probation, Public Defender, District Justices, Sheriff, Pro-se defendants.)
- Docket all court activities and defendant calendar data into web-based statewide Common Pleas Case Management System (CPCMS).
- Correspond with judge's secretary and law clerk
- Prepare notes and files for all criminal proceedings
- Prepare, certify and submit prison commitments to SCI
- Prepare, certify and submit appropriate documentation and forms to PennDot
- Maintain court files/folders and keep case paperwork in order
- Image Documents, maintain records in the file room and accurately file paperwork numerically by year and case type
- Clock, sort and process incoming mail
- PC knowledge including Microsoft Office products and general office machines
- Other reasonable duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Knowledge of courtroom procedures and terminology for all case types (Criminal, Juvenile, Summary Appeal, ICC)
- Attend courtroom hearings, take court notes and minutes and docket court actions into CPCMS
- Swear-in all witnesses and jurors
- Obtain and be responsible for chain-of-custody for all evidence from trials (drugs, money, weapons, etc.)
- Ask jury verdict, when requested poll jury
- Assist Judge, District Attorney/Defense Counsel in courtroom
- Provide information to Megan's Law Sexual Offender Assessment Board and Pennsylvania State Police, PFAD.
- Responsible for accurate court notes/minutes.
Posting Date:Tuesday, January 11, 2022
Expiration Date:Monday, February 28, 2022
Contact Name:Luana Taylor
Contact Link:Luana Taylor