Job Title:Deputy Administrator
County Name:York County
POSITION SUMMARYThis position performs complex professional, administrative, and managerial work relating to the administration of the daily activities of County government. This position coordinates and assists the Chief Operations Officer / Chief Clerk with oversight of the operation of various departments, manages County projects and represents the County on boards, commissions and committees, as requested. This position reports directly to the Chief Operations Officer/Chief Clerk.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the Chief Operations Officer / Chief Clerk manage county departments and agencies.
- Assists department heads in the management of County operations, develops criteria for evaluation of effectiveness of departmental programs and operations, and evaluates departmental performance.
- Research administrative practices in County departments and recommends changes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of such practices.
- Initiates and carries through to completion special programs and projects as directed by the Chief Operations Officer/Chief Clerk or Board of Commissioners.
- Assists the Chief Operations Officer/Chief Clerk in managing the strategic communications of the County government.
- Assists the Chief Operations Officer/Chief Clerk and Chief Financial Officer in preparation and development of the annual County budget.
- Serve as a member of various committees at the director of the Chief Operations Officer / Chief Clerk including but not limited to policy, engagement, etc.
- Manage various issues and information in a confidential manner.
- Serves as directed by the Board of Commissioners in the absence of the Chief Operations Officer/Chief Clerk.
Posting Date:Tuesday, May 9, 2023
Expiration Date:Friday, June 9, 2023
Address:28 E Market Street