Clerk Typist 2 - CYF
Job Title:Clerk Typist 2 - CYF
County Name:York County
- Position Summary
The position performs a large variety of clerical and administrative support services within the agency. This position performs work in support of management, casework units, and other support elements as needed. Ensure timely completion of work and resolves most of the conflicts that arise.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Process incoming correspondence and action documents.
- Maintain electronic and paper files and records including, but not limited to a personnel listing of all agency staff, manuals, handbooks, other related materials.
- Establish, organize, maintain, and update files, databases, records, and other documents; perform routine analyses and calculations while processing data for recurring reports.
- Prepare accurate work in a timely manner and adheres to agency objectives and policies.
- Provide safe handling of confidential data in the form of facsimiles and printing.
- Provide clerical and administrative support for agency staff and management as needed.
- Make routine informational contacts on behalf of management or supervisors.
- Provide mail distribution and reception desk coverage.
- Open, sort, screen, and distribute various forms of incoming correspondence and publications.
- Requisition and distribute agency supplies, including the satellite offices.
- Perform document scanning functions.
- Assist in destruction of confidential records for the agency.
- Participate in training activities.
- Participate in supervision sessions with the supervisor on a regular basis.
- Receive visitors and telephone calls and determines appropriate action.
- Form rough drafts, notes, or oral instructions, type and prepare correspondence, forms, memoranda, and reports that may include technical or professional terminology. The incumbent is responsible for proper spelling, grammar, format, and arrangement of material.
- Take dictation at conferences that may involve matters of extreme priority or involve issues where great discretion is required.
- Review outgoing correspondence for signature of agency staff. Each review is for proper format, typographical accuracy, grammar, conformance with procedural instructions, and necessary attachments.
- Disseminate information by using the telephone, mail services, and e-mail.
- Search for, assemble, and summarize information from files and documents when requested or in anticipation of needed information.
- Gather material for use in reports, presentations, and speeches.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Six months as a Clerk Typist 1 and educational development to the level of eighth grade; or completion of a high school business curriculum which includes at least one keyboarding course; or any equivalent experience and/or training.
- Knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation at a level equivalent to that used in writing or adjusting written materials normally consisting of simple sentence structures, one and two syllable words, and punctuation marks for word, number, and sentence separation.
- Knowledge of standard office procedures, practices, conduct, and actions necessary in maintaining harmonious working relationships.
- Knowledge of the techniques applied in using the English dictionary.
- Knowledge of procedures and practices such as the types, organization, and use of standard office files, logs, forms, and letter formats.
- Knowledge of intermediate arithmetic which involves calculations similar to adding and subtracting common fractions; and multiplying and dividing by two or more digits, whole numbers, or decimal multipliers and divisors.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions which explain multifaceted procedures.
- Ability to perform within processing procedures which involve an understanding of multiple aspects and application of varied standards.
- Ability to proofread information for conformance with a prescribed pattern or form, to assure the adherence to clerical office methods, or for compliance with specific administrative or procedural rules.
- Ability to transfer information and present it in a modified form according to rules and procedures.
- Ability to collect and organize material for reports by determining what available information should be in included and presenting the information in an organized format.
- Ability to compose straightforward, informational correspondence such as transmittals or acknowledgements in reply to requests or questions on the work process or related information.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations such as the adding and subtracting of whole numbers and decimals; and multiplying and dividing by one digit whole number or decimal multipliers and divisors.
- Ability to organize work and develop effective work methods in an area which involves variable phases of different techniques and procedures.
- Ability to make duty oriented decisions on the basis of well-defined standards and precedents.
- Ability to operate office and mail processing machines such as the adding machine, photocopier, and postage meter.
Posting Date:Tuesday, January 11, 2022
Expiration Date:Monday, February 28, 2022
Contact Name:Luana Taylor
Contact Link:Luana Taylor