Clerk 1 (Data Entry Clerk)
- Position Summary
This is routine clerical work involving the processing of documents in a variety of functions. An employee in this class performs within a structured work setting which is characterized by standardized duties that follow well established methods and procedures.
The Clerk 1 classification includes Office Clerk, Data Entry and Deed duties as listed below.
Maintains and updates the Assessment database and the Homestead/Farmstead Programs.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Files and retrieves materials by systematically sorting and storing documents alphabetically, numerically, chronologically, or using similar filing methods.
- Logs or records the amount, type, disposition, and number of incoming or outgoing mail, forms, documents, phone calls, etc.
- Opens and sorts mail into designated categories placing it into labeled boxes or receptacles for the organizational segment or address.
- Folds letters, documents, or circulars, and stuffs into envelopes.
- Codes documents, forms, records, etc. for identification, reference, and filing.
- Receives applications, documents, forms, and fees directly from the public and screens, sorts, and assembles for further processing.
- Proofreads documents to insure accuracy.
- Performs receptionist duties by greeting visitors, directing individuals to proper office locations, taking information, and screening and routing telephone calls.
- Provides excellent customer service
- Must type efficiently
- Requires a working knowledge of Assessment and Microsoft Applications
- Maintain and update the Homestead/Farmstead program
- Ability to file by parcel number
- Generate report of their data entry work
- Ability of complex sketching in computer
- Essential Requirements
- This position must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Assessment and Microsoft applications (Word and Excel)