Quality Assurance Specialist 2
Job Title:Quality Assurance Specialist 2
County Name:York County
**PLEASE NOTE, ANYONE INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION MUST VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.YORKCOUNTYPA.GOV TO DO SO**
- Position Summary
The Quality Assurance Specialist 2 assists the Quality Assurance Supervisor with the Department’s established goals to maintain standards for performance and quality assurance for The County of York’s E911 Communications Center. Through mandated Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency guidelines, this position performs quality assurance reviews and conducts random samplings of E911 Communications calls. The Quality Assurance Specialist 2 documents the findings of the reviews, enters, and retrieves data within the department’s computer system.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Quality Assurance Supervisor with quality assurance reviews set forth by Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency (PEMA) guidelines in accordance with Section 120d.104 to evaluate a Telecommunicator’s performance and proficiency on a routine basis
- Conduct random reviews of E911 Communications Center calls on a regular basis to ensure compliance with standards set by PEMA operating procedures for E911 Communications Centers and Department of Emergency Services policies
- Review E911 Communications Center Telecommunicator calls for the following actions;
- Call-Taking – Telephone Performance
- Dispatching – Radio Performance
- Emergency Medical Dispatch – Emergency Medical Dispatch Protocol
- Assist with the review of computer aided dispatch (CAD) reports
- Assist with Customer Service via “Public Surveys,” and “Field Unit/ Dispatcher Feedback” forms.
- Perform monthly reviews of Telecommunicator call-taking abilities; consisting of voice, hearing/speech impaired (TDD/TTY), catastrophic nature incident types and calls where lifesaving instructions are given
- Other reasonable duties as assigned by supervisory staff
- Analyzes and logs QA Review data to provide statistical reports for Management of 911
- Assist the Training Department with follow up reviews from remedial and action plans by doing additional reviews to assess their progress
- Obtain and maintain IAED-Q level certification
- Obtain and maintain proficiency on AQUA software from Medical Priority IAED including user input and reporting
- Ability to manage time and priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively via voice and writing. Effective communication through written documentation is required for this position
- Ability to operate current recording system proficiently including, locating and saving specific recordings
- Knowledge to troubleshoot technical and operational issues found during reviews.
- Ability to do telephone reviews for at least two of the following disciplines; fire, ems, and/or police with little to no assistance and show proficiency in the reviews on a regular basis
- Ability to do radio reviews for at least one of the following disciplines; fire, ems, and/or police with little to no assistance and show proficiency in the reviews on a regular basis
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- One (1) year of work experience in the field of Public Safety (Primary areas of fire, emergency medical services and law enforcement.) and 6 months as a QA Specialist 1
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must pass a County background check with no record of criminal convictions, and be able to handle CONFIDENTIAL data disclosed which is protected by law.
Posting Date:Friday, January 14, 2022
Expiration Date:Monday, February 28, 2022
Contact Name:Luana Taylor
Contact Link:Luana Taylor