Project Coordinator 1
- Position Summary
Under general direction, the Project Coordinator I will perform project management related functions. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to: managing existing and new projects, overseeing the formulation and implementation of project plans. This position reports to the Manager of Projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage projects as assigned.
- Responsible for the complete project management lifecycle; including Project Management, requirements gathering, implementation, testing, user follow up and support.
- Represents the Information Technology department on countywide technology integration projects, when requested by IT management.
- Lead planning and/or implementation of projects. May participate in the design and/or testing phases.
- Facilitate the definition of project missions, goals, tasks and resource requirements.
- Coordinate project status with all interested parties.
- Facilitate the definition of service levels and departmental requirements. Interact regularly with existing or potential departments to determine their needs and to develop plans for improving delivery.
- Create supporting documentation for project management and software including but not limited to project plans, flowcharts and applicable procedures.
- Responsible for portion of maintenance of York County Government business continuity plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's Degree required.
- One (1) to Three (3) years of project management experience and familiarity with current Project Management principles and practices; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training and experience.
- Must have current and valid driver's license.
- Must have computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office Products.
- Must demonstrate good organizational and communication skills in areas of project management.
- Must demonstrate strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with co-workers, representatives of other County departments and business partners.
- Ability to work under high pressure circumstances.
- Ability to work well independently, manage projects and work well with other business units to accomplish project goals and deliverables.