Job Title:Court Reporter
County Name:York County
**PLEASE NOTE, ANYONE INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION MUST VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.YORKCOUNTYPA.GOV TO DO SO**
- Position Summary
Provides all aspects of Court Reporting services for the York County Court of Common Pleas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Take verbatim notes daily of all court proceedings in the Civil, Criminal, and Orphans’ Court Division of the Court of Common Pleas, as per a 14-week rotating schedule.
- Transcribe, edit, and proofread all transcripts and orders.
- Print, copy, bind, and deliver transcripts and orders to all appropriate parties.
- Real time transcription of court proceedings for hearing-impaired persons. Real time is a transcript of the proceedings shown on monitor in the courtroom as the proceedings happen.
- Daily copy transcripts provided on request. This is the day’s proceeding transcribed and delivered by 7:00 p.m.
- Filing and storage of stenographic notes for at least seven years after date of court proceeding.
- Must have passed speeds of the following: Literary matter at 180 words per minute; Jury Charge at 200 words per minute; Testimony at 225 words per minute.
- Must have a Degree in Court Reporting or have passed the aforementioned speeds and have one year’s experience working in the field.
- Must be trained in and be willing to do real time reporting in the courtroom.
- Clear background investigation.
- Must adhere to Court and/or County policies and procedures.
Posting Date:Tuesday, January 11, 2022
Expiration Date:Monday, February 28, 2022
Contact Name:Luana Taylor
Contact Link:Luana Taylor