Administrator / Deputy Clerk
Job Title:Administrator / Deputy Clerk
County Name:York County
- Position Summary
This is the chief administrative position involving responsibility for overall administration of County government under the direction of the Board of Commissioners. The Administrator will oversee day-to-day assigned departmental operations to carry out the directives of the Board of Commissioners efficiently and effectively. This includes the development and implementation of primary goals, plans, policies, short and long range objectives for the County.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides administrative and managerial direction to assigned departments through subordinate department directors.
- Confers with assigned staff to manage County operations and develops criteria for evaluation of departmental programs and operations.
- Researches and recommends changes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of practices within assigned departments.
- Provides recommendations, integrates and directs current and long-range strategic plans for overall County activities, advances the organizational mission, vision, values and strategic direction.
- Assists the Board of Commissioners in decision-making process, information gathering, policy development and review.
- Oversees the implementation of Board of Commissioners directives and ensure policies are carried out in the most efficient, cost-effective and service-orientated manner.
- Assists the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Finance Director in development and ongoing analysis of the annual County budget.
- Initiates and carries through to completion special programs and projects as directed by the Board of Commissioners.
- Develops and Implements Departmental Strategic plan that aligns to the county’s overall strategic plan.
- Serves as backup to Chief Clerk as outlined in the Pennsylvania County Code.
- Represents the Board to departments and agencies and with the public, community organizations, and other government agencies as requested.
- Consults with the County Solicitor on any applicable issues.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned by Board of Commissioners
- Requires Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Business, Public Administration or related field and a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in local government management, of which three (3) years shall be acquired in a supervisory/management capacity, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Understanding of general fiscal practices and budgeting processes.
- Ability to analyze departmental operations.
- Maintains a professional appearance and effectively reads, writes, speaks and understands the English language to effectively work with the Board of Commissioners and all county agencies.
- Deal tactfully with department personnel, government agencies, clients and the public.
- Must have the ability to provide leadership and establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, other agencies, institutions and the public.
- Exhibits patience, tact and a professional manner when conducting business.
- Must possess knowledge and the ability to read, interpret and implement County code, as well as, state and federal regulations and policies governing county operated programs.
- Fosters a workplace environment that embraces the county’s guiding principles
Posting Date:Friday, February 4, 2022
Expiration Date:Friday, February 18, 2022
Contact Name:York County Website
Contact Link:York County Website