Comprehensive Planner for Adams County
This position requires the individual to be proficient in the terminology and application of the technical and political processes concerned with the use and development of land, public health, safety and welfare, and the design of the natural and built environment in general. The applicant should also possess specific knowledge/experience with the various aspects of environmental planning (stormwater, sewage and water facilities, waste management, sustainability, and resiliency, etc.). This position does not require extensive fieldwork.
HOURS OF WORK
Normal work hours are Monday through Friday 8 am- 4:30 pm with a 1-hour unpaid lunch (37.5 hours per week full-time position.) However, due to the nature of this position, some evening and weekend hours may be necessary.
LICENSE(S) AND CERTIFICATION(S)
- Valid Driver’s License
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) Certification (eligible)
- Recycling Certification Preferred
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in planning, environmental services, or related field.
- OR two (2) years or more of on-the-job experience in related fields of work.
- Online application, including the Profile Portion of the Career Center
Annual salary: $45,000
We offer a generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, thirteen (13) paid holidays, employee assistance program, and a pension plan with county contributions.
This position is an excellent opportunity along with access to all the great things Gettysburg, PA has to offer!