Won't you consider joining the County of Adams Children & Youth Services to make a difference in the lives of the children in Adams County!
The County of Adams Children & Youth Services is looking for a new team member who has a passion & dedication to improve the lives of the families and youth we serve. We strive to be responsive to the changing health and welfare needs of Adams County families by encouraging the development of programs that reduce dependency and strengthen family life.
County Caseworkers focus on providing services directed at protecting the welfare of children and preserving the family unit whenever possible. This is done through interviewing, assessing, developing plans for delivery of services, and providing ongoing support and accountability.
- A Bachelor's degree that includes or is supplemented by 12 college credits in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice , or other related social sciences.
- To be considered for a Caseworker 2, the candidate must have one year experience as a County Caseworker 1 with a certificate of direct service worker and a Bachelor's degree that includes or is supplemented by 12 college credits in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or other related social science; or one year experience of professional social casework experience in a public or private social services agency with a Bachelor's degree in a related field that includes or is supplemented by 12 college credits in sociology, social work, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice or other related field.
License(s) and Certification(s): Must possess a valid driver's license, personal vehicle, and current automobile insurance.
Clearances required to obtain prior to hire:
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 33)
- Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal Records Check (Act 34)
- FBI Criminal Background Check (Act 73)
- Cover Letter & Resume, when applying through Indeed, the documents will need to be merged in to one.
- Online application, including the profile portion of the Career Center
Applications will NOT be considered without all required documentation submitted.
Status: Full Time / 40 hours per week. Normal working hours are 8:00AM - 4:30PM with a half hour unpaid lunch, but may vary slightly.
Compensation: $19.57/ hour minimum to start, dependent upon experience
Job posted until filled
To view the full job description and position requirements, you will need to be on County of Adams employment page: adamscounty.us/DEPT/HR and click we are hiring and the applicable job posting.
We offer an excellent benefit package including dental, medical, vision, prescription, life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, wellness initiative, and a retirement plan.