HYBRID Solicitor with Children & Youth Services
This position advises the County of Adams Department of Children and Youth Services on all child welfare matters requiring legal review. This person will represent the Agency before the Adams county Juvenile Court in all dependency proceedings and in effectuating inter-county transfers. This position is also responsible for providing supervision all the Children and Youth contracted legal staff to include paralegals and attorneys. Legal supervision is provided to this position by the Adams County solicitor.
This position has the potential for a hybrid work setting to include work from home opportunities with the understanding that court attendance will be required unless the courts specifically approve virtual attendance.
The right candidate will be knowledgeable of court procedures, rules of evidence, and federal and PA state laws and regulations affecting the administration of the programs assigned as well as having the ability to prepare legal documents and recordings.
- Graduation from an accredited school of law (Juris Doctorate) and admission to the Bar of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania; continued employment is conditional upon maintaining in good standing said bar admission
- Previous child welfare legal experience is required
- A valid driver's license
- Cover Letter, including salary requirements
- Curriculum Vitae (resume)
- Legal research writing sample
- Online Application, including the profile portion of the Career Center
Applications will NOT be considered without all required documentation.
Status: Full Time exempt position
Job closes: July 30, 2022
We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience along with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, and a pension plan.
A detailed job description is attached.